Sign in to follow this  

Still no AI?!?

I'm sure this isn't an RC problem but I'm just noticing it now because I haven't been looking for airborne AI until now. Lots of AI on the ground and my cockpit display shows other traffic in the air but I don't see it. Even had a "near miss" of less than a mile and never saw a thing. What could have made all my airborne AI disappear? Any ideas?One other problem... since loading RCV3 I notice that my weather visibility (using FSMeteo) changes drastically from cockpit view to virtual cockpit. Cockpit view shows very few clouds/haze but when I go to virtual cockpit I see the correct weather... clouds, haze, etc. Any ideas on this one?Loving RCV3. Just made my first flight calling for an inflight emergency. Great priority handling got me on the ground within 15 minutes from FL310. Selected an appropriate airport, straight in approach, etc. Great simulation.Jeff Evans

Guest Scott Campbell

Jeff,As you have already noted, you have AI. I can't tell you why you're not seeing it. This has nothing to do with RC. I can't tell you what's up with the vis either. Also nothing to do with RC.How do you like being pilot and Chatter pilot as well? You're all over the sky! :-lol

What about FSUIPC? Does the installer of RC3 install the latest FSUIPC, without looking if there is already a latest version and the fsuipc.ini? So, if the files gets replaced and or even the ini gets deleted, all settings are to default and so the view range is default etc.Just check and make sure your curent latest FSUIPC files are locked and can not be replaced when you install any scenery or a/c new to FS2k2.Just a thought.

Thanks, Scott. I'll keep looking for a solution to the AI problem. You're right. I've got myself set as the pilot and co-pilot. I've always found that talking to myself is the only way I can have an intelligent conversation!Jeff Evans

Guest Scott Campbell

Unfortunately, no. The RC install dose not check your versions of AdvDisp and FSUIPC. I backed up my modules folder first and just put them (and ini's) back.

Guest RickT

Jeff,Are you using My Traffic? When I installed it I noticed the airborne traffic was somewhat less and traffic at airports had increased. This is just my personal experience and opinion and not that of JDTLLC.

Not using My Traffic. Have ATC set to around 80% traffic. Have tried setting it both higher and lower.Jeff Evans

Should I reload the latest version of FSUIPC?Jeff Evans

Jeff, Scott,I am experiencing the same visibility problem that Jeff mentions - when I look to the side the visibility is drastically altered, and changes back again when I look forward. Also, the nose of the aircraft seems to yaw pretty drastically back and forth one time when I look back to forward view. I checked FSUIPC and I think the settings were not changed during the RC install but I have not checked the version number.No problem here with seeing AI traffic, although don't often see much during the day, much easier to spot at night!Best regards,Vic Alesi

Guest abent

As far as the changing weather/view thing goes...I get it frequently and I don't have RCv.3 yet. I do however have FSMeteo! ;)Adam

Hi again,Tried running RC3 this evening with FSMETEO, and also with all weather cleared from the FS menu - the visibility problem persists in both cases. However, the problem goes away for me if I undock the Adv Display Window and run RC3 with the window undocked.Regards,Vic Alesi

Guest Scott Campbell

Jeff,It's always a good idea to have Peter's latest stuff.