Sign in to follow this  

Anaglyph glasses tips

It was mentioned that if you buy the red/blue glasses, then change the colours to RED/BLUE, as the default colours that the stereo driver has, as default CYAN/RED. You can costumise these colours, depending on the colours you are using for your glasses.And yes the default is RED/CYAN, but I keep the default colour scheme because with the default you do not lose natural colour. I did once try to change the default to RED/BLUE, but found I lost a lot of natural colour, and everything had a purple tint to things.My advice to anyone using the RED/BLUE combination is don't change the colour, but leave the default colour scheme as it is to let the natural colours thorugh, else any other colour scheme your going to lose a lot of colour.I found customising the colour scheme does change your colour scheme, and colour tint you see on screen, but the default keeps natrual colour and lets it all thorugh even using RED/BLUE glasses.

Howdy,I'm certainly no expert, but it seems to me that if your using red/blue lenses, that you're filtering out all green light from getting to your eyes. Are you saying you can still see the green from the groung textures or the green pointers from the instruments that use them?

Yeah that's correct. Leaving the default settings at RED/CYAN I do get all natrual colour thought my RED/BLUE glasses.I did try changing costuming the colours to RED/BLUE and that did cause a lot of colour loss.So to let all natrual colour thorugh just leave the driver at the default colours.I do suspect if your using RED/GREEN then it may not work well with the default, but if your lens is blue, does not effect the 3D effect, and is much better.I susspect by leaving the default colours, because CYAN is blue, and green togehter your getting the full range of the colour spectrum, and this is why it's working because your allowing green thorugh as well, but changing the colours to RED/BLUE is was getting no green, but a purple colour instead.By customing your colour scheme in the 3D driver settings you can have control over how the colours look on your screen, just try experimenting with the colours yourself, and will see different combitaions filter out different colours, and you end up with different colour tints depending on the colours you choose, but using the default RED/CYAN enables a full spectrum of colours thorugh your glasses, as you have the 3 primary colours of RED/BLUE/GREEN, and CYAN allows all colours through.