Sign in to follow this  

Carenado's Bonanza V35 Outstanding

I just bought Carenado's V35 Bonanza, and it is a beauty. I know Carenado got off to a shaky start, but for V-tail Bonanza lovers, this is a must have. First the lows (only one low)--the 3D cockpit is a bit crude compared to the very best, but the 2D panel is magnificent. The externals are absolutely at the very top--sharp and detailed (1280x 1024 resolution) and very faithful (very much like AOPA's prize craft this year). And what absolutely floored me is that they got the V-tail functionality right. When you give it "up elevator", both segments rise appropriately, but when you implement "rudder" actions, the segements move in opposition. And when you do a climbing or descending turn, the segments seem perfectly coupled. That is something that PSS never implemented in their old FS2000 Bonanza. Having said this, I still don't understand the prop pitch control--it seems inconsistent with other craft, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is one Beechcraft control that is irregular. Does anyone know what that one is?? Geof A??? Anyway, am pleased with this fine craft among so many other fine craft. Sure wish Microsoft gave us this quality in their default planes!

Post some shots. It seems Carenado's site is a little skimpy especially ones of the cockpit. It always makes me think someone is hiding something when you never get adequate screen shots. That would be OK if you could get a crippled demo.BobG