Sign in to follow this  

Panel Lights - VC in the Cessna 421

I know this has got to be an easy solution, but I don't see any switch or cockpit command for turning on a dome light or the panel lights in the VC mode. My VC is very dark at night without lights. Solution anyone?Keith

Under the Options/Display Menu Option Select the Hardware Tab there a setting for Number of Lights or Airport Lights. It is something to that effect. Insure you have at least 5 selected. Then turn your lights on. Dont have the key commands in front of me, but Ctrl-L or L or Shift L should do itBobG

I just hit L key which turns on all the lights. There are also individual light switches on the left side of the panel for getting rid of landing lights, etc. I've also switched to a light blue light in the Config. Matic menu, which is placed on your desktop during installation. It really lights everything up.L.Adamson

Keith,I think you've got a good point though. There seems to be a dome light that comes on with the other lights when you hit the L key, but I haven't found a switch for it on the panel either. Not sure if there's a reason behind it or not.

L.Adamson,Most excellent advice, I changed my panel light to blue and it really makes a huge difference!!Thank you!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"