Sign in to follow this  

Stupid Questions 101

I have a couple of quick questions to ask all you experts:1. I've searched the manual and can't find the keystoke "CS" to ask the controller to repeat his last transmission. Stupid question, but what is "CS"? Character space, ctrl-shift, carriage return (enter)?2. I've been to the local airport all my life (KCVG) and have never seen so many "go arounds" as I've seen in RCv3. I like boring routine flights! Please just let me land!! "Frontier 612, you're number two to land." Oh no, not again!!3. Why, when reading posts, looking at websites, etc., are Americans so far out-numbered by developers, re-painters, and programers from the UK and other places in Europe? Have you noticed this, or am I just hitting the wrong websites?4. Finally, and off subject, what is the cure for the dreaded dead battery when I arrive at my destination? Several times, I can't get the APU started and have to use ground power at the gate.I'm really interested in some discussion about #3 above...LVP (KCVG)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi There,1. CS is ctrl-shift. Run RC and check under options - customize RC keys to see which keys you have the repeat request set to.2. This will be corrected in the next update.3. Maybe there are just more of us out there :-lol.I'm one of those from the UK and personally I like the international flavour of the forum :-)4. Which airplane are you using. I think there is a setting in FSUIPC to stop this happening.All the best,John

As John suggests, use the stop dead battery option in FSUIPC or you can copy the following into your aircraft.cfg. (Note: Use square brackets around Electrical!)(Electrical)max_battery_voltage = 28.0generator_alternator_voltage = 28.0max_generator_alternator_amps = 40.0avionics_bus = 0, 0, 1avionics = 1, 0, 1starter1 = 0, 0, 1starter2 = 0, 0, 1fuel_transfer_pump = 0, 10, 17.0flap_motor = 0, 0, 1gear_motor = 0, 0, 1autopilot = 0, 0, 1pitot_heat = 0, 0, 1additional_system = 0, 0, 1marker_beacon = 1, 0, 1gear_warning = 0, 0, 1fuel_pump = 0, 0, 1light_nav = 0, 0, 1light_beacon = 0, 1, 1light_landing = 0, 0, 1light_taxi = 0, 0, 1light_strobe = 0, 1, 1light_panel = 0, 0, 1auto_brake = 0, 0, 1standby_vacuum = 0, 0, 1hydraulic_pump = 0, 0, 1light_recognition = 0, 0, 1light_wing = 0, 0, 1light_logo = 0, 0, 1

I think I'll use the FSUIPC route to fix the problem. I wouldn't want to put the wrong "battery" in the thing and start blowing circuit breakers.I'm using DF's 737, and love it BTW! I was a former user of the "other" ATC program, but they disappeared when 02 came out. Really enjoy RCv3 to add that missing link while cruising at FL350! Thanks for your hard work guys.LVP (KCVG)

Greetings,1. See John's post ;-)2. Fixed, although after testing RC3 for many months the go around problem you report never happened to me. I can count the # of GA on one hand in many RC flights and 90% of those were because I forgot to lower my gear. (in RC3 you can owe Doug a lobster instead of a cheap steak now! )3. I've noticed this too, but can't even guess an answer to it. :-) I make sceneries for the Caribbean but am not a developer. 4. See John's postHope you're enjoying using RC with your flights. The more you use it the better it gets.Best, Rob

If you're using the DF737, don't be surprised if the battery problem cannot be fixed by the FSUIPC option. In the DF support forum, several users have reported that the battery isn't being recharged during flight, FSUIPC switch or not.Personally, I have no problems in this regard because I always use ground power whenever the APU or engines aren't running.

I checked out the "repeat transmission" keys in the programable screen, and what I had NOT seen on the text window for this function, was the "/" key. It kind of blends in with the rest of the line in the "window". Hey, I told you they were stupid questions.LVP (KCVG)

You reply "2. Fixed, although after testing RC3 for many months the go around problem you report never happened to me. I can count the # of GA on one hand in many RC flights and 90% of those were because I forgot to lower my gear. (in RC3 you can owe Doug a lobster instead of a cheap steak now! )"How is it fixed and how do I get the fix?

In the update that JD and Doug are working on right now. Not sure if there's a temp fix for it. For me it was never broken in the first place, maybe system related. JD, help! ;-)Rob