Sign in to follow this  

Suggestion for coming feature!

I miss the option to "backtrack" to active runway, that would be a nice feature for comming version.;) I had a lot of trubble in the begining with RC 3 but it was a new ver. of advdisp I needed and now it runns fine with IK DC9 and PSS aircrafts.Regards,Johan

Guest RobA

Johan, Not sure what you mean by "backtrack" in your post. In my mind we can backtrack now. For instance on take of you have the option to "abort" and taxi back to the active for another try. Also, after you've taken off and gone 12 miles (i think) you have the option to return to your dep airport and land on the same active you took off from. Is this not "backtracking"? Or am I missing your point entirely. LOLBest, Rob

Guest Scott Campbell

Rob,I think Johan may mean back-taxi on the runway, which we can also do.

No, backtracking is simply the act of taxying along an active runway in the reverse direction.Pete

If he does, then "backtracking" is the correct technical term. Presumably, it can't be done now because there's no phraseology/procedure for it in RC3 and, as things are at the moment, if you enter the active before being told to "taxy into position and hold", you're in trouble? ;)Pete

>>backtracking is simply the act of taxying along an >active runway in the reverse direction. >Yes, indeed it is and I thought that would be a nice option to have in RC.;)Regards,Johan

Guest RobA

OK, thanks for the info on backtracking, makes sense now. ;-) Seems that RC already allows for this scenario. Say RC gives me rwy 9 for takeoff and tells me to go there and hold short. Couldn't you enter the runway turning to hdg 27 and taxi (backtrack) down the rwy? Turning around at the end you could still stop at a 90 degree angle to the active rwy 9, contact tower, etc. I'll try it out tonight and see if RC gets on my case for even getting on the active at all. :-)Best, Rob

Sounds like it might be possible, Rob - I guess it depends on how jd detects a runway incursion. Let us know how you get on.Pete

When I refered to a future update I ment that it would be nice if you could ask Ground/TWR for Backtracking to Takeoff.//Johan

Yes, I know, but we're just curious to see if it can be done now even without a specific "backtrack approved" .wav file or procedure.Pete

Guys.Take a look at EGPH (Edinburgh Airport UK). To save money when they built the new runway the taxi way does not go full length of the main runway. A "hold short" would be at the entry to the runway, but to get to the start of the take off point you must back track, do a 180, and then line up ready for departure. I havent tried a departure from here with RC3, but would be interesting to see how it handles it.

I haven't tried this from EGPH either, but I have done it elsewhere on several occasions. When you're instructed to taxi into position and hold, just backtrack to your heart's content. RC3 won't say anything to you until you make your 180 degrees turn and line up for takeoff.

Out of curiosity I just tried a flight out of EGPH & Hendis is correct.>>When you're instructed to taxi into position and hold, just backtrack to your heart's content. RC3 won't say anything to you until you make your 180 degrees turn and line up for takeoff. <