Sign in to follow this  
Guest slydon

mooney bravo

Guest slydon

I don't see why ms didn't make a virtual cockpit for this plane. Has anyone done it or considered it?

Guest 727Fan

While I'm not an aircraft designer, it's my understanding from hangin' out here for 7 months that the Mooney is a holdover from FS2000. The VC is new to FS2002.Designing a GMAX aircraft with a virtual cockpit requires that the VC be integral to the entire aircraft design. So, while a 2D instrument panel can be designed and inserted, a VC cannot. In order for the Mooney to have one, a completely new Mooney would have to be designed.And, yeah, I felt a little cheated when MS didn't provide a VA with the Mooney etc.Rick

There is also the Lear as well, I really didn't see the logic in adding the VC to the 737 and then not bothering to do the RG, Lear and Mooney. There is a MDL to DXF converter about that would let you take a FS2000 model in to GMAX and (if it worked) save some time by giving you the original model to start with.Only problem is last time I used that the GMAX import looked like the model had a nasty accident and everything was all over the place.

Guest slydon

I think you are right about the mooney being a holdover. I guess that explains it. Thanks for the comebacks guys. Maybe someone (smarter than me) will take the plane into gmax and give it a new look complete with v/c. Cessna and lear need it too. Don