Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottPilot

AdvDisp 2.11 and multiple monitors question

Guest ScottPilot

Hello!I have been using Radar Contact in FS2002 for many months and just love it!Now I am using it with FS2004COF and I am having one small problem.I use two 17" monitors that are connected to my GeForce 4MX 440 card and I like to have all my radio windows and the AdvDisp window on the second monitor.This was no problem with FS2002, but with FS2004, the AdvDisp text window disapears once I move it to my second monitor and interact with any of the aircraft radios or instrumentation.I know that the AdvDisp window is still on the 2nd monitor, it is just hidden behind the "new" window that FS2004 uses to display the undocked windows on the 2nd monitor.So, my question is, is there anyway to force the AdvDisp window to always stay on top of all other windows, or is this not possible in FS2004?(I know, I could always move it to the 1st monitor, but I don't like the "clutter" of additional windows on the 1st monitor other than the main cockpit.)Any suggestions are appreciated!Thanks,Scott :-)

Guest Phoenix_7

if you set advdisplay to 'hide always'then run 'showtext' which comes with advdisplayit has the option for 'always on top'just tried it and I think it will solve your problemJohn

Guest ScottPilot

Thanks John, I'll give it a try!Scott :-)

Guest ScottPilot

Well, I tried using "ShowText" as suggested (after registering FSUIPC) and unfortunatelf it didn't work for me.I put the "Show Text" window on the second monitor with the "Stay-On-Top" enabled, but it still gets hidden once I undock any of the other windows (radios, GPS, ect.) place them on the 2nd monitor, and then go back to full screen mode.The show text window is not behind any of the undocked windows, it is just on the 2nd monitor with them.Oh well, hopefully I will be able to figure this out in the future.For now, I will have to open and close AdvDisplay on monitor 1 as I need to read the information displayed within it.Scott :-(