Sign in to follow this  

Looking to Round out my Collection with the Best FS2002

I'm trying to build up a good cross section of the best planes (freeware or payware). So far I've got the Real Air replacement files for the 172, DF Archer II, C421, and Falcon 50. I'm pleased with these and would like to expand my collection to the soon-to-be-released DC-3 (By Jan Visser) as well as ANY good FS2002 Comercial Airliner. Trouble is, there seems to be a vacuum of jets for FS2002. Can anyone recommend something good? I tend to shy away from the "modern look" of the A320 and am wanting the most real experience I can get flying a 727, 747, etc. that's made for FS2002. It seems like the only thing that's on the horizon is the 727 from Captain Sim due out at the end of the summer. Anyone know of any others?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PIC767 by Wilco is without a doubt the standard that is yet to be beat. If you want to move away from the limitations of fs2002 then this payware product pushes those boundaries. Although two years in te making and originally released for fs2000, it was patched this year for fs2002 and works perfectly flying by the realworld numbers.Every realtime pilot I know including commercial pilots agree that this product still stands head and shoulders above the rest.Now if you want eye-candy then there are some close contenders from PSS and Dreamfleet and these products suit the wannabes quite fine, but they do lack the PIC realism and functionality. I guess it all comes down to whether you want the look or the feel and realism.By the way, I have them all but only the one keeps on being used. No doubt in time the others will catch up as they are not far behind.Go check out the PIC767 forum and you will see the level of discussions in there and then compare it with another well known forum. I am sure that if you can read between the hype, you will clearly see which product is the one that has attracted the professionals.Have funDave