Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phil_G

New Feature Request

Guest Phil_G

Hi, First, I'd like to say that I'm extremely pleased with RC4. It's a great program that adds alot to the dimension of Fs2004.I have a few flights under my belt. All so far have been fairly good except for the one I did last night in a Mooney Bravo. I checked the prop setting etc, etc. All was good until I was cleared for the ILS 24L in CYUL.Granted, the Bravo is a fast aircraft. However, it can't keep up with a CRJ on approach. Yet, RC4 cleared me to the ILS and had a Ultimate Traffic CRJ descend 500' in front of me even after I was on the glide slope... he even told me that a CRJ was less then a mile at my 12 O'Clock! Thank God my ILS tracking was a bit off because I would have been a permanent fixture on the CRJ's landing gear! However, the CRJ vortex (I use AS6) nearly fliped my Bravo upside down and almost caused a wing to be riped off because of excess G! Needless to say that my FsPassengers pax didn't like it!Of course, since a CRJ was now on the runway, I got the go around. To save time, I requested a visual on 24R which I got and subsequently the tower OK to land. Landed without a problem and exited the runway. Ground clears me to taxi and puts me in a face to face with an Air Canada 747-400. Finaly made it to the gate and ended my flight. When I got the flight report, RC4 told me that my flight skills where terrible and that I had to go around and never received the OK for landing (he actually sent a NAVCAN rep to take away my licence... the nerves! Thank God it's only a game! :) :) :)Anyway, would it be possible to have greater separation for IFR traffic on approach especially when someone is flying a prop aircraft? With Active Sky 6 and the wake turbulence setting in effect, I could really cause an unecessary crash if the vectors are too tight or if another aircraft is cleared on top of you!Thanks,Phil

Guest RickT

Please send your wish enhancements to Doug at doug@jdtllc.com.