Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guenther

Error starting RC4 - missing mscomctl.ocx

Hi to all,when starting RC4 to get the id to register i recieve the error 'mscomctl.ocx or any of it's dependencies not correctly registered'; the system is a pretty new xpsp2 (german), widefs.thank's for your help!Guenther

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm sorry you are having problems with Radar Contact. Please run Windows Explorer and navigate to your Windowssystem32 folder. Do a search for mscomctl.ocx If you find it do the following:Open a DOS box (Start|All ProgramsAccessoriesCommand Prompt)At the prompt type the following:Cd windowssystem32 (press the enter key)The prompt will change to this:C:WINDOWSsystem32>Type the following:regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx (press the enter key)Please note any error messages.The problem is that file mscomctl.ocx is not registered with Windows. The above commands I gave you registered it.Radar Contact should run as avertised now.If you are unable to find it go here http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/suppo...me=MSCOMCTL.OCXand download and install the libraryfiles.exeOnce installed redo the steps I outlined above.

Thank you for your reply, i'll try it!Greetings from Vienna/AustriaGuenther

OK, i've tried it, your way works perfectly!Thank's againGuenther