Sign in to follow this  

track view in multiplayer

hi,sorry if this has been discussed before, but im having no luck tracking others in multiplay.i know the keypress ctrl,shift,t and select new view then track, but the view doesnt work.ive trawled various boards etc, but alas no joy.is this a bug in 2002? as it worked ok in fs 2000.hoping someones got the magic answer,thanx, jim.

Same problem here, track view has never worked for me in fs2k2 :-( john(KEWB)

hmm, so its a bug then! :(thanx for the reply though.jim

Guest russell

I've never actually tried opening a new window to see the tracked player (I assume this is what you're wanting to see?), but I have been able to get tracking to work in two cases:1) After pressing ctrl-shift-t to get the desired player name to show up in the upper right corner, press ctrl-shift-f, and your plane will jump to a position just behind the tracked player.2) After pressing ctrl-shift-t to get the desired player name to show up in the upper right corner, tune your ADF to any nearby NDB frequency (anything that's within range), and your ADF needle will always point to the tracked player.So, you might try tuning the NDB, and see if it makes a difference.Russell

thanx for your post russ, i know the "follow" commands but im after, say me sitting on the ground and watching another player in *any* window.as i said earlier, this worked sweet in fs 2000, but not in 2002.this is probaly ANOTHER small and unworthy bug that doesn`t deserve MS`s attention! :((thanx,jim.