Sign in to follow this  

Project AI aircraft

Hi,i have downloaded the Aircraft models of Project AI, and i am very happy with them.I had an interesting experience:The MD-11 did not show up! I found out, that this is because of the very big turning radius of 57m (so all my gates, even the ones that can take a 747) are too small.Then i took a look to the other aicraft models, especially the different 737's: The had a radius of 30 m (the Microsoft original 737-400 has only 22 meters.I now would like to correct these things, but- is the radius the wingspan (this would make sense, because in real life, you have pushbacks and the aircraft stand beneath each other wing at wing), or- is it the real turning radius, or- is it any other, perhaps only virtually existing value.

Guest HeavyFan

Hey there! Well before Project AI lost thier web site, they Upgraded the MD-11 MDL file to make it the correct size, As i had the problem of the plane not showing up on the ground because there was no gate that were Big enough! now with the new MD-11 MDL it shows up and it fits the Default AI Heavy Gate sizes! I do not know the exact size the MD-11 needs but it does show up now! Hope this info helps you out! MIKE-:)

bvl,I don't think the radius is a real value. As far as I know it's just used for gate assignments. Set the radius value of the PAI MD11 (and the PAI B777s) to 46m and they will show up at default heavy gates.

Guest HeavyFan

it was a problem with the MDL's for the MD-11's and 777's not sowing up! But I rather have the new MDL than just changing the radius size! MIKE.

Hi there,i read the documentation of AFCAD again yesterday. It says, that, roughly, the radius is the wingspan * 0.75. The parking spot (green) in the AFCAD window shows (i think) roughly the gatesize / 0.75.So i think about: - shouldn't the be a standard saying, what radius what aircraft has - couldn't this be the chance to define radii for Cargo and Military aircraft (for example: 3-5 meters for the cargo ones, 1-3 for the military ones) so we can make better AFCAD's?I would like to read your opinions.One other thing: I were in KLAX and KATL and KSFO yesterday (30 minutes at every airport) to the, how the PAI aircraft land. Some overflew the airports in more than 10000 feet instead of landing, but most aicraft (seen only different 737's) climb, descend, climb, descend more, climb more, descend more more and crash into the ground or into the see in a steep descend 1-4 miles before the aircraft.(additional info: I am experienced in installing AI aircraft, i do not have a internet connection at home, and so i installed the PAI aircraft manually. The default 737, 777, 747, Cessnas and Pipers work good, also Mike Stones A320. I have changed the radii of the PAI aircraft before using Thomas Molitors AITM1.1 Aircraft Editor (but this should not have any impact on landing).And: The 767 does not takeoff (i stays on ground, driving down the runway very fast and hitting the next hill, where it disappears.)