Sign in to follow this  

fs2k2 and force feed back 2

I just got my force feedback 2. It works perfectly with other games except fs2k2. I made sure to have that joysick selected and calibrated. It feels as though the forces you recieve from the joystick arent right. Is there something im supposed to d/l to make it compatible?

HiThe forces suck. Turn them off before you fly the 747. If you load a previous flight up that's at cruise, it will attempt to break your wrist by doing a good impression of the "move joystick to all extents to calibrate" function. That's with the forces set to "low".I've had one for 3 months and it's the worst purchase I've made in a long time...wish I'd saved the cash and bought the non-feedback version.Best regards//Neil

I purchased the Force Feedback 2 based on a recommendation from some source that I don't remember. Bad move.I really don't think it's the joystick. FS2002 is full of errors, and the translation for force-feedback is poor.Microsoft really needs to get a service pack out for FS2002. But this year, with all their security and legal problems plus fallout from the September 11 events, I believe Microsoft has put FS2002 and their PC games at a low priority.Allyn

this joysticks works beautifuly with a game called Aces High o play a lot. i gues ms didnt program the force feedback right for it. Way to go MS!

The FF2 works fine for me in FS2K2 under XP Pro (although I primarily use a Flight Yoke). I only fly GA so I can't tell you about the large iron, but on any of the standard MS issue GA it works fine -- except for the amphibs, which you have to edit the FF section of the aircraft.cfg and make them match one of the other Cessnas.If you have problems at all give MS a call -- they were extraordinarily helpful to me on the phone when I first got my FF2 and couldn't get it working (trick was just to delete the FS2002 config file and restart -- I now have a "good" one saved that I've had to restore on more than one occasion). Make sure you set the forces to the lowest possible setting if you want to keep your wrist okay, and you can even edit each aircraft's file for smoothing out how they rumble on certain runways.I would not fly a stick without force feedback, and I think MS made the best one possible.

I agree with your assessment of the FF2 stick, motor, and base assembly. It's far superior to earlier versions. I haven't tried the SaiTek system, but without FF, I don't know how I'd like it.I'll try contacting MS later about the irregularities in my system.

I have the MSSSWFFB1 stick with Win98 and it works great. No centering forces but very nice feedback. I run mine on strong. Only problem is no feel with any helicopter. I've been over that before. Many downloads have screwed up ground feedback. That's not the stick's fault. It's a designer that doesn't have this great stick and therefore cannot do any adjusting for it. Simply replace the ffb section in the aircraft cfg with one from an airplane that you like and it'll be smooth riding all the way down the runway. Except for the sutle ground bumps that you'll feel.

You *do* know that helicopter pilots say there shouldn't be any force feedback on the stick, right? I guess the collective actually acts like a *very* loose joystick, with only the very tiniest of moments necessary to control it.I don't know myself -- I always crash helicopters .

Yeah, I heard that; but I want forcefeedback in the choppers. Wish somebody that knew how would add forces to the chopper airfile. My experience with this sim tells me the forces are defined in the airfile. Course I've been wrong before. But IMHO, the choppers are useless with a floppy stick. But, like I said, everything else works great.

It's easy to add force feedback to any aircraft -- you're right, it's defined in the .cfg. As a start you could just copy over the FF section from any of the aircraft into your choppers.

No, the cfg ffb section only controls the ffb on the ground. Once airborne, it has no effect. Or am I missing something??

I'd have to look again -- you may be right.Ever since I got my Yoke I haven't done any joystick flying.

Guest Fortress

The Saitek Cyborg 3D Force is a FF joystick - and beat all comers in a recent PC Pilot review about 1-2 months ago (including the MS offering).Cheers,Paul

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.haworth/Fortress.gifVoted Best Virtual Airline of 2002 and Best CEO of 2002 by participants in the BIG VA Vote organized by FSPILOT.comVANF "Best" New Virtual Airline Awardhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.haworth/saint_georgex1.gif