Sign in to follow this  
Ramjett

Approach Plate Visible in VC Cockpit

I have the PMDG Legacy FS9 version of the B737-600 and -700 as well as the expansion -800 and -900. Bought them back in 2009 I believe.

The -600 and -700 use the -700 panels (-600 aliases to either -700 2D or -700 VC panel) and the -800 and -900 use the -800 panels, likewise aliased in the -900 to the -800 2D or VC panel.

When using the -700 panel.vc there is a Baltimore Approach plate that displays in the VC cockpit of either the -600 or the -700.  There is a bitmap in each texture folder that includes instructions on how to change the approach plate by creating a new bitmap image.

Although there is also an approach plate bitmap (with instructions on how to change the plate) in the -800 and -900 texture folders, the approach plate never displays in the either VC cockpit when panel.vc is selected as the active panel.  Only a clipboard where the approach plate would be clipped.

I know it's an old bird and support is no longer active for it, but I'm curious if anyone has working approach plates visible in the -800 or -900 aircraft?

Randy Tyndall

Okay, so it has been almost a week and no one has commented on this or answered my question.  I realize this is an "Unofficial" forum and FS2004 support is non-existent, but no one from PMDG has the "corporate knowledge" to remember back to 2009...seven years ago?  Wow, you guys take "non-support" seriously.  Glad I can still get support and parts for my 1971 Ford 4X4 pickup.

Even the PMDG House texture for both the -800 and -900 has the Approach plate .bmp file.  So now I have a new question...

If the approach plate is not visible in the PMDG B737NG (for FS2004) -800/-900 Expansion pack and never has been...apparently since no one has piped in saying they see it...then why did PMDG put the approach plate bitmap in the house texture folder?  Can't understand why it's there if it is not used, especially since someone at PMDG went to the trouble of adding the directions on how to change the approach plate right on the bitmap file image.  Why would you want to change an image you cannot see?

Randy Tyndall