Sign in to follow this  
strykerpsg

Missing voices in FSX

Hello all.I am unsure of what I have modified or done differently within the realm of FSX but I no longer have ATC voices at all. I checked in settings and US Male voice is selected, as is the checked box in settings. I have quite a list of addons, but none that should have altered any voices from either the AI traffic controller or my call out. I do have Traffic X and remember in it's original Traffic 2004 version you had an ability to mod the voices, but that option is no longer present in Traffic X, so not sure it's the culprit. Any suggestions always appreciated.Matt

Hello all.I am unsure of what I have modified or done differently within the realm of FSX but I no longer have ATC voices at all. I checked in settings and US Male voice is selected, as is the checked box in settings. I have quite a list of addons, but none that should have altered any voices from either the AI traffic controller or my call out. I do have Traffic X and remember in it's original Traffic 2004 version you had an ability to mod the voices, but that option is no longer present in Traffic X, so not sure it's the culprit. Any suggestions always appreciated.Matt
Matt;you need to open your Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Sounds/ATC folder and see if the file USEnglishBig.gvp is there or not. That is where the ATC voice are. Sometimes addons will modify or delete it when you install the addon. For example: The software for Mexico Aeroports will install Spanish voicepak in place of English. You need to make sure you have the file USEnglishBig.gvp backed up somewhere so that when the addons screw it up you can put it back in place.Anyway, that is the file. Hope this helped you out.SteveMatt;you need to open your Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Sounds/ATC folder and see if the file USEnglishBig.gvp is there or not. That is where the ATC voice are. Sometimes addons will modify or delete it when you install the addon. For example: The software for Mexico Aeroports will install Spanish voicepak in place of English. You need to make sure you have the file USEnglishBig.gvp backed up somewhere so that when the addons screw it up you can put it back in place.Anyway, that is the file. Hope this helped you out.Steve

Steve Wagner

Steve, Thanks for the reply. I did find the foldier and the file was in there. Any other suggestion you might know? I am uncertain as to how I may have changed anything so any suggestions tried and welcome. ThanksMatt

Matt;you need to open your Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Sounds/ATC folder and see if the file USEnglishBig.gvp is there or not. That is where the ATC voice are. Sometimes addons will modify or delete it when you install the addon. For example: The software for Mexico Aeroports will install Spanish voicepak in place of English. You need to make sure you have the file USEnglishBig.gvp backed up somewhere so that when the addons screw it up you can put it back in place.Anyway, that is the file. Hope this helped you out.Steve

Was a head space and timing issue by the operator, me! I had my wires mixed up after re-locating my desktop. Many thanks for your assistance. Now, if I could just get my FSD O-2 to work properly, the world would be a beautiful place.Matt

Steve, Thanks for the reply. I did find the foldier and the file was in there. Any other suggestion you might know? I am uncertain as to how I may have changed anything so any suggestions tried and welcome. ThanksMatt