What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- X-Plane VMAX 777 Workdliner Extended 50% Off!
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
Out of Memory Error
No replies to this topic
Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:32 PM
Hi guys, for the last few days I have begun to experience problems in FSX during landing. Especially when I use the Thomas Ruth a340 series. Yesterday while coming into O'Hare, my gauges freezed up in the virtual cockpit. When I tried to switch over to the 2d panel, the screen turned completely black. So I went back to the virtual cockpit still with no working gauges. When I minimized FSX, the gauges would "refresh" meaning that the quick second I maximized the FSX window my gauges updated the speed, altitude, etc but frozed again.So I had to land gaugeless and I couldn't reverse the throttle either so I had to shut the engines down upon landing which was a big mess. Today, I did another landing using a KLM POSKY 777 in Beijing and while on final, I had an out of memory error and FSX closed immediately. I didn't think anything of it till just now when I was doing another approach using the Thomas Ruth A340 again while landing in Zurich. My gauges frozed during final approach and then while I tried to manually land, I recieved another out of memory warning with the usual APPCRASH and Terrain.dll was to blame. This is very strange to me because I have never had any memory problems with FSX on my computer and I should have well more than enough of memory. Here are my specs:Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5GHZWindows Vista 64Bit8gb Ram1tb Hard DriveNvidia GeForce GT 230 1.5GB