Sign in to follow this  
berth

LDDU problem: FSX 'hangs' at 74% at startup

I recently purchased ORBX LDDU (I own most of their products). After installing 1.00 and updating to 1.10 I started FSX and selected LDDU as start-up airport, but the sim 'hangs' at 74%; only at this airport, it doesn't have this behaviour when I deactivate LDDU in scenery.cfg (then I get the default scenery of course).

I was using FTX Central 2 (after migration), FTX Global, OpenLC Europe, Vector; all updated, including the ORBX libraries. Re-running the migration tool didn't help. After a lot of trial-and-error, I found out that FSX will start at LDDU when I deactivate FSX/ORBX/FTX_OLC/OLC_EU7; the airport looks great, but I lose the nice textures...

Just to be sure the problem wasn't a one-off, I went back to an earlier image of my FSX-installation. Installed all updates first (Vector, libs, ...), reinstalled LDDU 1.00 and 1.10. Problem occurred again after migration in FTX Central 2 (re-running migration tool didn't help), got a message that FSX/ORBX/Scripts/Backup/restore.bat couldn't be accessed (correct, it didn't exist; don't know what it means or whether it has to do anything with the problem), FSX was hanging again at 74% when selecting LDDU as start-up airport. Deactivating OLC_EU7 'helps' again, but...

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance, regards, Bert

BTW, I tried to send a ticket via the ORBX Support site; but for some reason I only see the screenshots and VR forums when I have logged in. Don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Bert