What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- X-Plane VMAX 777 Workdliner Extended 50% Off!
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
Runway skid marks
3 replies to this topic
Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:33 PM
FS uses one texture file repeated several times down the length of each runway. The best runways are custom images for each section of runway laid down individually.To try Chris Arrington's AEU in FSX:1. Download AEU 7.0 from the library - aeu7.zip2. Rename the file runway12.dds and runway12_hw.dds in the main texture folder to .orig3. Copy the file runway12.bmp and runway12_hw.bmp from the Textures.zip of AEU to your FSX main texture folder.Runway12 is asphalt, Runway11 is concrete.That replaces the default file with Chris' AEU files.I have not tested this and I'm not certain if .bmp files will work.You may need to convert Chris' DXT3 .bmp files to DXT5 .dds files with DXTBMP available at http://fly.to/mwgfx/
Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:23 PM
I did the conversion to DDS of the files from AEU7. It does not give good results. The skid marks are theire, but run all the runway.I will try something starting with the original FSX files and see if something can be done. There's another file in FSX called runway_detail02.dds and it looks like tire marks.
Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:16 PM
I tried using his files for runway11 textures, but they are not quite formatted for FSX.Apparently FSX uses the lower 1/4 of the right side of the image to repeat the clean runway before skid marks, and the upper right 3/4 part is the main touchdown area. In the AEU7 file, the whole right side has skid marks and FSX repeats it making it look chopped up. I edited the file and got the skid marks in the correct pattern but it would take a lot of finessing to make it look acceptable. Hopefully someone with better photoshop skills will tackle the job someday.