Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Brettlee

which one to buy

Guest Brettlee

can anyone help im using pmdg 747 add on and naturally the flightplanning in fsx when trying to use pmdg fmc is diabolical. Ive been told to try radar contact and im very interested what id like to know has anyone tryed vox atc and if so does it allow you to file a realistic flight plan that can be used sucessfully with the fmc in the pmdg 747 could anyone help me with this qyestion b4 i purchase either thanks Brett

Guest SkullxBones

I have only tried the demo version of VoxATC so I don't know how different the full version might be. I like the idea of using voice, but I had a lot of problems with it not recognizing my commands and I would have to repeat 2 or 3 times. As I recall it did not work with SID/STARS. You might be able to trick it into ignoring you like the default ATC, but it's not what I wanted.I also fly the PMDG747 with its fabulous FMC and wanted a more robust ATC that would allow me to fly SID/STAR navigation. With RC4 you have the choice of being vectored in or you can fly the full STAR.

I used VOX ATC for a short time after investing a LOT of money in it and the ATT voices. It does allow you to file a realistic flight plan, but the fact that only 2 voices are allowed in FS9 and 4 in FSX just made it sound rediculous. An aircraft controller answering him or herself from an aircraft 35000 feet in the air was just a little too unrealistic for me. I spent over $100 and used it maybe 5 times.Get Radar Contact. You can also look at Pro Flight Emulator which I bought over a month ago but still haven't even tried. THAT's how much I like Radar Contact v4.3.