Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

Inno Setup question

Guest Jos

Hi,Trying to understand Inno Setup.One of the last to fill in data is the path to [Files] Source... and I get an error message that it cannot find the files.Due to a lack of a step-by-step tutorial for making a simple .exe I cannot always understand what is asked during the setup.I like to make an .exe in which you can choose between 3 items (3 different files) and for each choice again 2 possibilities you can check.Perhaps I had to make new maps or so... ?Can somebody give me guidance please ?Thanks. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,I tried to ask for help on the site of Inno Setup and register... but till now I found no way to do that. Very confusing !Greetz. Jos

here is an example of what i have[Types]Name: "fullx"; Description: "FS X Full - RC v5.0, FSUIPC, Chatter, Pilot and Controllers"Name: "full2k4"; Description: "FS2004 Full - RC v5.0, FSUIPC, Chatter, Pilot and Controllers"Name: "both"; Description: "FS X and FS2004 Full - RC v5.0, FSUIPC, Chatter, Pilot and Controllers"[Components]Name: "main2k4"; Description: "Full RCv5 Files for FS2004"; Types: full2k4; Flags: fixedName: "mainx"; Description: "Full RCv5 Files for FS X"; Types: fullx; Name: "both"; Description: "Full RCv5 Files for FS X and FS2004"; Types: both; Name: "FSUIPC2k4"; Description: "FSUIPC for FS 2004"; Types: full2k4 both ;Name: "FSUIPC4"; Description: "FSUIPC for FS X"; Types: fullx both ;[installDelete][Files]Source: "d:jdtllcflightfsxmakerwys.exe"; DestDir: "{app}"; Components: main2k4 both ;Source: "d:jdtllcflightfsxmakerwys.exe"; DestDir: "{app}x"; Components: mainx both ;you have 3 types (of installs)those 3 types are comprised of different combination of 5 componentsand when you specify the source, you tell it where to get the file, where to put the file, and which components this file is applicable tojd

Guest Jos

Hi,To be sure...If I have put two different addon scenery files (1. for FS2004 and another 2. for FSX) and put them together in the tree files list... is it so that when installing for FSX only the files for FSX will be choosen ?That would be nice and that's what I am searching for... if not I am obliged to make several .exe files. And for this solution is my webspace to smaal for.Sorry for this (maybe stupid) question, but it's a newbee question, h