Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

caution ....on new fly2 installation and pmdg

Guest tonyc

For other reasons, I decided to reinstall fly2 from scratch. The first time, I installed all the patches,inlcuding ver.230. Then I installed the 777 and then the 757. I got all kinds of lock ups and WInrun errors. So I then removed FLY2 and reinstalled all pathches up to 2.10, but not including 230. Then I installed the 777 and tried flying. So far things look good. I have not yet installed the 757 because I want to go by process of elimination, just in case I get an error. I don't know about the 757 installation, but I ask you to be careful if you install the 777 after patch 230(that's the last patch).Some one may want to add to this, but the 777/757 are such beauties that I hate to see someone stuck becoause of this small but important oversight.AMD 2000+ k7s5a g3ti200 256 meg ram.tony

Guest Mike94

you have to install the .230 patch AFTER the 777 install! (as adviced by Robert Randazzo several times).Cheers,Michael

Guest Roy

If memory serves me, the correct sequence is:Install/patch up to 2.10then add a dash of 777 and stirradd a whole bag of 2.30then add the 757 (for flavoring) and start cooking :-)Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

The 777 installs a special version of the Fly2.exe pre-230 patch. So if you install 230, then install the 777, the 777 install will overwrite the 230 patched version of the Fly2.exe.Hence causing mayhem when trying to execute fly2.George