Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

Grant Milikan-Outgoing email problems

Sorry Grant, having massive email problems at the moment so I hope you take a look at this forum. My response to your email from last night -Grant,What you actually need to do is CRAM the RR engine files along with the livery and airframe files to generate a new tif file that you cut up your new livery and patse into.Here's what I did.Take the Day Livery and Day Airframe files from the RR folder and copy them to Fly!s Art folder. There are several TGA's missing from the kit that I've attached to this message. Place these into the Art folder too. Copy the 2 S3D files from the RR Models folder to the Models folder in Fly! Make one if there is no Models folder within Fly! Go to the PW Models folder and copy the PM757_LO.S3D file into the Fly! Models folder. Rename all three S3D files in the Fly! Models folder. I used 57RR.S3D, 57RR_MED.S3D and 57RR_LO.S3D. Follow Robert's guidelines from this point. Start Fly!s Editor and get into the Keyframe editor. When the editor finishes the first cram, quit Fly! go into the Art folder and you'll see three new files. One is named $$CRAM$$ which is your new tif file that you cut up your artwork to, one is the .acm file which describes that $$CRAM$$ file and one other file, the name of which I forget. I just tossed this file. Move these files out of the Art folder and rename the $$CRAM$$ file. I used 57RR for the 1024 x 1024 version. You need to generate separate .ACM files for the 512 and 256 tifs. Just follow the pervious procedure and you'll endup with the correct files. For the night files I copied the 57RR and renamed them as appropriate, same for their .acm files. During the 256 CRAM, you'll generate an error message about missing Engine Cover files. Just proceed with the cram as you cannot see the LO res engines in the sim anyway.That should get you a new RR engined tif to cutup your artwork to. If you have questions, I'll be glad to help.The missing TGA's are listed in the previous posting to Robert and yourself.Pete

Guest GrantM

Okay, now I see said the blind man. Thanks for your help.Grant

Guest GrantM

In you post here you mentioned the Day Livery and the Day Airframe files from the RR Folder. Well all I see is the pylon and three RR engines files in the Day livery folder and there is no Day Airframe folder in the RR folder. Did you mean the files in the PW Day Airframe folder?Grant

Guest GrantM

Thanks for the quick answer! I assume that I copy the RR livery files into the ART folder, but should not the PW engine type files be removed from the PW Day Livery and Day Airframe folders? Stay tuned, I might have more questions. Sorry for my denseness but my little light is on a reostat and getting brighter. :-)Grant