Sign in to follow this  

couple questions

hey everyone!!! just finished my first full flight with the 777 and it really kicked butt! got just a couple questions though that i could not figure out after reading the manual. 1. when i was flying (just a short hop between miami and boston)before i have to go to class, i could not get vnav mode to decend to the correct altitude for the waypoint which i was aproaching. i looked it up in the manual, and it said that i should hit the des now> button (6r). however this choice was not on the screen at the time. i was still crusing at FL330 and was supposed to decend to FL280. was there something else that i missed when i put in the restrictions for this waypoint? i did have vnav engaged at the time, but it did not do anything...so i had to dial it into the mcp, and hit the v/s button to get it to go down. now i know that it can do this function its self, but i cannot figure how to get it there. 2. second question is a bit easier. i cannot figure out how to display the weather radar. i read about it in the manual, but it really didnt say anything about how to display it. is this function in the 777? just wondering, would be nice to see what i am fly!ing into;) thanks for the help!!!anthony miller

Anthony,Did you happen to get a message on the FMC that said "reset MCP altitude" prior to your sched descent? You should have to reset the MCP Altitude Window to the the desired altitude for the next waypoint in order for the FMC to descend, as I understand it. If you do not change the Selected Altitude, the A/C will continue on at its present altitude indefinately.So far as Weather Radar goes, Doesn't work in FLY II. not a PMDG thing. won't work on any FLY II A/C. Hope this helpsRegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Paul, thanks for the mcp idea....im getting ready to try it now, so i guess that i will find out if it will work or not!!! ;) thanksps. if the radar is does not work (which i belive you are correct) how did it work in the original fly! and i still get some returns while in the hawker panel (but these are ussually on a clear day and when no clouds are around)thanks!!!!anthony miller:)

The radar works in the Hawker/Peregrine and other Fly!II 'house' A/C. It does not work in PMDG's A/C. It's a PMDG thing.The returns you're getting in clear weather are ground returns. Try setting the radar antenna tilt to a less negative (or neutral - 0 deg.) value.- Dave Reed

i thought that it was NOT implimented at all? haha! well, that is more news for me! thanks dave!

Weather radar is NOT implemented properly in Fly!2. On some of the house aircraft, you will get returns when on the ground in front of buildings. But nothing in front of clouds.PMDG did not implement WXR at all knowing this "feature ommission" in Fly!2. You will notice you get no returns in the air on any of the house or add-on aircraft in Fly!2.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v29.42, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

ah tricky tricky......!!!!!:-wink2 thanks dave!!!