Sign in to follow this  

Landing Gear

Anyway, I still don't have a working keyboard partly because I'm lazy and partly because Las Vegas is a very hot place, and to get in the car and go the computer store is a real annoying ordeal. So... Yes I no longer have the landing gear issue at night, but when... [you guessed it!] flying during the day now, I have the landing gear issue. I don't know how that worked out or how I seemed to have switched the two, but maybe if a PMDG prgammer read this message, it may be useful information, but then again probably not.Jeff

This is not a "fix" by any means, but a crude work-around that is sometimes useful:Since flight simming doesn't pay well, I have a regular job. Such mundane considerations don't deter the VA from regularly assigning me to fly "right coast red-eye" hops, like KLAS to KBWI departing at 0645Z. I fly the segment at a convenient time, and it's still daylight; before engine start, I set the time to the appropriate darkness. This causes the landing gear mis-phase, but it's night, and unless there's a lot of moon and a bright undercast, the gear's hardly noticeable. In fact, there's precious little to see outside in any event, so I stay on the flight deck.Anyway, the flight meets the rising sun somewhere over Kentucky or Virginia, and the landing gear is in phase again for the descent and approach.This will not work when winter comes, as it will be dark local time when I set up for the hop. Maybe there'll be a patch by then, but I'm not holding my breath. Even if PMDG weren't ditching Fly! (which it sure sounds like they're planning) and were promising a fix yesterday, experience (waiting for the 777 and then the 757, plus a number of quietly expired projects for Fly!2K; still waiting on the paintkits for the birds I've got!) indicates it would still be a year or more off. And they wonder why their market was 'disappointing'...- Dave Reed