Sign in to follow this  
AdvancedFollower

New FS 2002 P.180 Avanti by Massimo Taccoli & Co

Really worth the download! Two versions are currently available (got them from flightsim.com), one with three liveries, and another one with a fourth. They are both complete aircraft with custom panel and use the default King Air sounds. First impression - very nice to fly, and they both capture the unique look of the original P.180 very well.Been waiting for a FS 2002 version of this plane for a long time - thanks, Massimo and team!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Massimo is one of the best designers... I have the Avanti...love the looks, the way it handles--and it's great to see a designer so dedicated to providing us free and innovative aircraft... I read that sales of the Avanti might pick up, as corporations are looking for post 9/11 ways to move staff around at jet speeds.... -John

Did you also see his Partenavia P68? I'm normally not much into piston-engined GA planes, but this one's just nice, too :-) .Damn, all those nice new planes make it hard for me to decide what to fly next... "hmmm, do I take the Lear 35 for today's leg or rather the Avanti?"If only I had this problem in real life! :-lol

I sure did--boy did I grab that A/C fast :) I've had it about a week now, and found it a well done, commercial quality aircraft...

It's geat.The only thing I miss is working gauges in 3D cockpit view. But the virtual cockpit is of the "stroll around" type which is good. You can walk back into the airplane and have a seat, and drink a cup of tea while enroute. But do it with the autopilot activated, and not when on finals :)