Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

Install FS2002 a second time on another Disk?

I would like to install FS2002 on D: for test purposes.It is allready installed on C: and the setup.exe do not allo a new installation without deinstalling the existing one.Does somebody know some work-around?Any help will be appreciatedBest RegardsJean-ClaudeLSZHDELL Dimension 8200/Windows-XP Pro

Guest UweR

Hi, you have two possibilities: You can copy and paste the complete FS2002 folder to the new location, or you delete the FS2002 registry key and do a fresh install.Best Regards, Uwe

I believe you can copy your existing installation "FS2002" folder over to your D: drive. You will have 2 identical installations but only one is kept track of by windows. Any changes, modifications or additions to one installation should not affect the other. And all that is necessary to use the installation on D: would be to make shortcuts to it. I currently have FS98, FS2000 and FS2002 on my main disk, but only FS2002 was installed. All work fine and the fs2000 and fs98 were copied from installations on my previous(now spare) harddrive. john(KEWB)

John, Uwe,Thanks for Your replies.What I need is a NEW installation on D:The reason is: I have a bug in FS2002 on C:Flying any AC and looking to the left (or to the right, depending what AC I'm currently using), the engine sound desapear.What keys should delete in the registry without crashing all the system?Best regardsJean-ClaudeLSZH

What you might try doing is moving the FS2002.exe and .cfg to a temporary folder. This used to fool FS2000 into re-installing in another location. Don't delte the files, just move them while you try the re-install. Then you can put them back if you like and your orginal installation should work. Best RegardsEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Jean ClaudeYou could install a second operating system on your D: drive. I have Win98SE on my C: drive, WinXP on D:, and FS2002 on both. You need to set up a dual boot of course.David

Guest GZR_Frenchy

It is really super easy.Just rename your Fs2002 file to something else. Say, "Fs2002Test". Then make a whole new fresh install. The CD will not see your old install and start completely over. You can then put another shortcut on your desktop called "Fs2002Test".Now, you now will have two complete installs and all your addons are protected. I have three complete installs on one hard drive with absolutely no problems. One dead stock to design scenery with. The next to test the addons I download and the last one fully loaded with almost every addon available to fly with.Hope this helps a little.Frenchy -- out.

Dear All,Thank You very much for Your replies.I did the job!I used the tip from Ed Green, but the tip from Frenchy--out is also very simple.Thanks a lot, merci beaucoup!Jean-ClaudeLSZH