Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

strange problem with PMDG 737 :-(

This is the email I sent to registration@pecisionmanuals.com I figure I should get an anwser by tommorow but I'll post it here too BTW anyone have this problem also? ---------------------------------------------------------------------hi,Ive been having strange problems with fs2002 and it all started after I reinstalled Windows ME, that time I was able to unregister/ transfer my key. Shortly after I re-registered my copy of the pmdg 737 I started getting this weird error when ever I started fs2002 "Fs2002 could not read or initialize the MAG Var data, you will be using 0.0 magnetic variations" then fs2002 loaded normally after that. Now as soon as I loaded the pmdg 737 I got the exact same error 2 times one right after the other. Then as I was programming the FMC I got a registration error "your copy of the pmdg 737 is unregistered or has expired even though I had just registered it the day before. I then got green messeges all over my gauges saying it was the demo version. So I restarted my computer and I got the same "could not read mag var data..." error but this time I didint get the registration error so all was good. I then went to use my load manager and I found out I couldent use it. (I couldent move the sliders or anything, kind of like it couldent read the aircraft.cfg or something). So then I decided a reinstall of the pmdg 737 was needed to solve these problems. I decided it wasent necessary to produce a transfer code since I was only going to reinstall the 737 and not windows or anything. So I went thru my fs2002 folder and deleted everything with the word pmdg I could find. I then found this weird little folder in my modules folder (a folder with a bunch of numbers on it) so I looked in it and it had files like (activeuser.sls and licence.sls) so I thought "hmmmm this must be pmdg stuff also i guess its safe to delete it since I already have my lecence key written down somewhere and it would get reinstalled anyway". So I went ahead and deleted it and the nreinstalled the pmdg 737, I procedded to enter my key to register it and no go. I got this error "Reference signatures in licence key do not match". Did I do anything wrong or was I not supposed to delete something?. I think I might need a new licence key so just in case here is my information.Also I have not changed anything on my PC at all same Processor/ mainboard and the same windows version. What i do a lot though is go into the bios and tweak the settings but I never actually flash the bios to change the version, could changing settings in the bios have something to do with my problem? ********************** *********************** <-----sorry I cant give these numbers away in a forum!!! thanks,Andrew---------------------------------------------------------------------Edit: I feel Embarrassed since this is the second time I've had to ask for a key :-( because of my computer troubles. :-shy I need to get rid of Windows me and get a real OS.

Dear Andrew-OH MAN! ;-) You pretty much did everything you could possibly do wrong... ;-) Where do I start? :-lolWhen you reinstalled Windows ME, I am assuming that you did it OVER the old installation - no reformat, right?As such, you OVERWROTE the registry settings. This means our add-on was no longer able to detect WHERE MSFlightSimulator is installed... You will see that many add-ons depend on the registry settings to figure out where the MSFS files are located, etc.Secondly, a reinstall of our PMDG aircraft wouldn't help, as your registry settings are still wrong... ;-) In fact, you need to REINSTALL Flight Simulator from the beginning, so that your registry settings are reenabled.Thirdly, by deleting that "numbered" folder (word on this will follow soon in an announcement), you invalidated your license, with no opportunity to get it back... :-(Anyway, send us a new registration code, we'll send you the license key pronto! ;-)(Don't feel embarassed - I actually have done the same in the past... ;-) No wonder I couldn't run my 767PIC - it was complaining about not being able to find scenery BGLs... ;-) )

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg