Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Small Joystick Throttle Problem...

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro 2 (no force feedback) and I have run into this slight problem: if I use a certain aircraft (to be more specific: the 747, Caravans, and King Air) and set the throttle to what is supposed to be idle, the computer interprets it as 1% thrust and the aircraft starts moving. Also, it won't go to full throttle power (only 99%). Setting the sensitivity and null zone only decreased the gap, so to speak (instead of 1 being the lowest and 99 being the highest, it would be 2 and 98, and so on). My specs are below.Any help is appreciated. (BTW, I know I can tap F1 and F4, but it seems better to fix the "problem.")

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you do a search thru this forum you will find a number of solutions to this. A simple one that usually works is pressing F1. This brings the engine(s) from high idle condition to low idle.David

It could be signal noise on your computer system. Computer's are noisy systems by nature since they use only two states to process information, high/low or 1/0. They differ from analog systems that require less noise, such as, audio amplifiers, etc.You might try downloading and installing FSUIPC, read the User's guide on joysticks, and calibrate your joystick with the instructions provided. FSUIPC provides two important functions, noise elimination and deadband.