Sign in to follow this  

FMC Message Program Error

Hello AllI have looked through the forum and not found the answer so i thought I would post this question.Has any one had the message on the FMC scratch pad "PROGRAM ERROR"?It occurs when I enter a eight digit flightplan name in the Co Route boxes of the FMC route page.I thought that the flight plans for 737NG need to be in .RTE format files, using FSBuild 2.0 I create a route and exported to PIC 767, which creates a .RTE file. I then copied from the pic flight plans folder to the PMDG flight plans folder. I thought that this would work, can anybody tell me if it does or not, what does that message mean?Thanks allJames Given

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

James,hummmm.... ;-)The .RTE format is not PIC compatible. The .RTE format for the PMDG NG is propriertary... Sorry...PROGRAM ERROR is displayed when the FMC program crashes. But I added some efficient error handling, so it crashes gracefully...anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.comEdit : Anyone knows how to spell proprier... thingie... ?

Hello AgainI am a little confused now by the reply, when FS Build exports to PIC it creates a .RTE file in the flightplans folder, which then can be loaded straight in to the PIC FMC on the CO route page.Why then does the PMDG not accept this file and apparently causes the FMC to crash, as I understand it uses .RTE files. Are the PMDG files not the same but use the same file extension as PIC 767Is there any way I can determine what is causing my FMC to crash also?Any help would be appreciatedThanks in AdvanceJames Given

>I am a little confused now by the reply, when FS Build exports to PIC it creates a .RTE file in the flightplans folder, which then >can be loaded straight in to the PIC FMC on the CO route page.>Why then does the PMDG not accept this file and apparently causes the FMC to crash, as I understand it uses .RTE files. Are the PMDG >files not the same but use the same file extension as PIC 767PMDG and PIC are using the same .RTE extension, but the file format is completely different for each. You cannot load a PIC .RTE file into the PMDG FMS and visa versa.Regards.Ernie.