Sign in to follow this  
Guest haromo

Frame rate drop in VC

Guest haromo

Can't seem to find any posts about the pre patch frame rate issue with the VC.The VC still reveals a problem with frame rates.I noticed this when flying with the main 2d panel with the VC popping up in side views.As long as I stay in the 2d view frame rates are solid, and switching to outside view and back gives no problems.As soon as I switch to a side view in VC mode or to the regular VC cockpit my frame rates go down by more then 1/3 (LAX area maxed settings from 20 to 12 fps).The lower frame rates stay there from then on.In game display setting changes, like switching autogen density from very dense to extremely dense etc, brings my frame rates back up!I specifically tested setting changes from moderate to higher to make sure the frame rate problem wasn't system or videocard related.The frame rate drops only when a VC view is selected.So compelled by necessity I momentarely am flying with the 2d panel only model (wished you upgraded the side views to, forgive me for saying, Dreamfleet quality.)Hope you check my findings.Cheers,Haromo

Haromo,Are you running the Patched version? Make sure you have the latest update available at www.precisionmanuals.com Should solve this problem.RegardsPaul GollnickTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest haromo

Hi Paul,Thanks for the reply!Actually I have a complete fresh install "by the book" with the latest (created: Saturday, August 02, 2003, 8:59:59 AM) version of the patch.With the 2d-panel only aircraft I don't experience any sudden frame rate drops.Only with the VC model when switching into a VC-view or the actual VC-cockpit I get these frame rate drops, with realy visible stutters.Switching back to the 2d-panel front view doesn't cure this.Making a change in the display settings, no matter what the change is, brings my frame rates back up.From then on as long as I stay in the 2d-view everything is OK even when I switch to an outside view and back.But as soon as I switch to any of the VC-views my frame rates drop again.I would realy appreciate if you could check my findings yourself.Just tell me what additional info you need.Windows XP SP1, ATI 9700 PRO 128 Mb Cat3.6, DirectX 9.0b,1 Gb PC2700.Regards, Haromo

HaromoThe latest version of the patch should have been dated Aug 4th. That may be the problem. Check the website at www.precisionmanuals.com and download the SU1 update. Should be dated Aug 4th. If that doesn't help drop a note to support@precisionmanuals.com and they can try and helpRegardsPaul Gollnick :-coolTechnical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.com

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg