Sign in to follow this  
Guest coimbra

THREE ISSUES

Guest coimbra

Hi, For FS 2004:1. when I click on the overhead panel, the overhead is shown behind the main panel, which doesnt happen in FS 2002. Is possible that you plan a panel.cfg or whatever in order to put the complete overhead when you click on shift 7?2. The trim moves too fast in the air. Is there something to do about it?3. VNAV and Fuel = 0 in the program page. What are the trucks for FS 2004?ThanksCoimbra

Guest coimbra

Anyone in the forum available? Lately my messages are not answered, don

1] I have know of the overhead thing but thought it was because they were not using the MZALFOTRI to change views. 2] There is a post about that here; http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=14047&page=5 3] Look for the new VANV patch coming soon! Hope this helps you buddy ;) [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest coimbra

HI, 1. On the overhead it is a little bit messy if you have to click that all the time.2. Everybody speaks about the trim but nobody seems to have a solution. What is that solution? To change the trim effectivness in the aircraft.cfg?ThanksCoimbra

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I'm the one who suggested that the way to change the trim effectiveness in the aircraft config file. But Gosta says this seems to change the functioning of the A/P when it comes to trim. Please see the following thread...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...7&mesg_id=14047I have posted a couple times in a couple threads asking for clarification and/or an official PMDG statement about this. Some people responded that it seems to be a hardware issue. But it would seem that there are a number of us with the issue of the trim adjustment being too heavy handed, by a good amount. It really does effect the ability, handling, and joy factor of being able to fly the plane by hand, at least when using a Force Feedback joystick. I have to fight it pretty hard. Once again, could someone from PMDG please give us some insight into this? It would be greatly appreciated. :)Thank You,Jimmy RichardsP.S. I use an MS Force Feedback Pro 2(USB) joystick.

Guest coimbra

Hi, That thread doesnt explain anything of what to do about trim in a pratical way. To change the values in the aircraft.cfg? No, it doesn

Hi Jimmy,editing the airfile itself, rather than the aircraft.cfg, solves the problem for me. I don't want to post the instructions here, as it requires familiarity with programs like AirEd, and I don't want to be responsible for people accidentally screwing up their FDEs and then turning to PMDG for support....However, if you send me an e-mail, I'll have you set up in no time :).Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Murf

Regarding the trim operation in FS9...When I first installed the 737 in FS9 I had this trim problem. I even turned off the key repeat all together, however, one click of the button still resulted in a large change in trim.Then, a couple of days later the problem disappeared and trim operation seemed to be the same as FS2002. I have now turned the repeat rate back up to max and all seems fine.I wish I could tell you what I did to fix this but I don't have an explanation. I did not make any alterations to the aircraft.cfg.I did make some changes to my fs9.cfg as suggested in the General Forum to improve frame rates, but other that that noting.I'm using a CH Yoke and the trim is mapped to the default up/down keys on the left thumb.

Guest OneTinSoldier

coimbra,I noticed the same thing about the link Randy gave. I think it gave the wrong link by mistake. I didn't give any link to the thread I posted in concerning editing the aircraft.cfg file because of what Gosta has said about it affecting the auto-pilot.I believe that I discussed your sound issue in another thread earlier. Please list your system specs when asking questions about such issues. I have run across another tip you could try, but I have doubts that it would cure your sound problem. But you're certainly welcome to try it. Run the DxDiag utility and go to the Sound tab. Then use the slider to turn down the 'Hardware Sound Acceleration Level' to 'Basic'. I also suggest you have a look at this thread, which has a link in it to the thread where I mentioned that I discussed your Sound problem earlier.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...14753&mode=fullGosta,I have considered your proposition but don't know that I really want to do that. Since I last installed the PMDG 737 I haven't made any 'unsupported' edits. And I think I'd rather keep it that way. That way if I have any problems I want to post about I can honestly say that I haven't made any unsupported edits to my PMDG installation. I sincerely appreciate your offer though and if SU2 doesn't seem to solve the problem I may take you up on it, perhaps. :) I just wish I knew what the hell Mike Murphy did! Lol.Mike Murphy,I have also made edits to my fs9.cfg to tweak it, but I sure wish I knew what the hell you did! :-lolCheers, :-waveJimmy Richards

Guest Murf

"Mike Murphy,I have also made edits to my fs9.cfg to tweak it, but I sure wish I knew what the hell you did! :-lol:-) I wish I could remeber exactly what the changes were. They all were related to display settings and removing the brake message on the screen. There is a FAQ anchored at the top of the General Forum here at AVSIM. All the changes I made are in here.Personnaly I can't think of how a display change in the fs9.cfg could affect the trim in the 737, but I can think of nothing else that I have changed.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Mike,Ok. Thanks. I have seen and visited that thread a number of times since it's existence. There are many suggestions in there though, so I know what you mean when you say you could remember what you did. I have done a number of the edits suggested in there myself. One that I have not done though is the one that tells you how to remove the brake message. Maybe I'll give that one a try and see what happens.Thanks Again,Jimmy Richards

Guest coimbra

Hi, Well, very nice indeed those discussions about te trim problem but still remains the same. If somebody could explain me what to do with the air file or the aircraft.cfg file or whatever, I would appreciate if possible. Or do we have to wait for another patch? ...Thankscoimbra

I don't know if this observation will help at all, but I always leave the null zones and sensitivites as default stock FS2002. I have no issues with trim at all. Using CH Flight Sim Yoke with buttons 1 & 2 assigned to trim, with repeat activated.XP2100G4MX440512 DDR

Guest coimbra

Hi,I have the same joystick ...Coimbra

Guest coimbra

Hi, Now still the aircraft jumps with the trim all the flight. Don