Sign in to follow this  
Guest acroshaw

First successful flight

Guest acroshaw

Hi all, just completed my first flight from egll to eidw (heathrow to dublin). I was impressed not only with the 737 but also fs2004. Historically I have always had problems with saved flights not loading properly, but after re-entering the flight plan in the fmc it was a breeze - perfect autoland too. Only thing was the occasional insufficient fuel message.I am a ps1 fan too, and it strikes me that the 737ng is very similar to the 744, sort of a baby 747-400, especially the glass cockpit. what do you lot think?ant

Hi Ant (?)I am a PS1 fan also -have used it for years.Yes 737NG is similar toPS1 -the FMC in particular.PMDG has my support in every way in theireffort to get near to the real thing as PS1 did.I doubt whether it will quite get to the depth of PS1 (but I hope I am wrong!) but the fact that has most of the advantages of that program (not all yet but getting nearer)with the great advantages of scenery,detailed airports and weather makes it a must for me.David Pedder

Guest acroshaw

Hi David,nice to find another ps1 fan, I doubt any msfs sim will ever achieve ps1 's depth as it was aimed at the professional market, but pmg have created a sim that "feels" quite real, like the df737 and 767pic. I was almost rerady to give up on fs add-ons until this one came along, hope after a few more patches it lives up to it's promise - I would like to see a few more fmc features implemented!ant