Sign in to follow this  
Guest Japhy

are there errors in the navigational database ?

Guest Japhy

Hi!I've seen this kind of error several times in my flights, but I don't know if the error is created by the 737 or if it's resulting from bad data in the Navdata AIRAC.If you try this flightplanLOWW PUBEG UM984 DIVKO UN852 MAMES UN975 QUV UM985 MGA LEMG,you will get a distance from over 2200nm between VIBAS (which is the last waypoint lying on UM985 before MGA) and MGA...If you look at the flightplan created by FSBuild2, you can see the real distance, which is 50nm...I've deleted MGA and put it back into the flightplan via the LEGS page, but although I have chosen the correct MGA, the distance of 2200 was still there...Then I erased MGA completely and chose a STAR containg MGA instead. This time the distance was OK...Maybe this is a known error, I just thought I'd post it here, maybe it is of some use ...Other than that, the 737NG is flying fine, VNAV is also working very well (you only have to check for too big distances in the flightplan ... ;-) ).regards,Joerg

Guest Ray CYYZ

Thats normal and why we have pilots in planes.Since people on this planet just can't plan well, there are many duplicate navagation fixes with the same 3 letter code. When hand entering them into the FMC, you will get a page asking you to choose the correct one. By loading the flight plan, it is obviously bypassing this prompt resulting in luck of the draw.This is why one steps through the legs page in map mode to ensure the route is correct as part of preflight ;)Ray

Guest Japhy

Ray,I *HAVE* entered the MAG waypoint by hand after the FSBuild - import showed the problem...I had 3 or more MAG-Navaids to choose from, and I have chosen the right one - the problem was still there....regards,Joerg

Guest Ray CYYZ

Hmm, it is possible that because you are loading the flight plan as a company route, it is presumed to be correct. Did the error clear once youn made the changes and EXEC'd the plan to make it active?Did you try removing waypoints after the problem spot then readd them?Ray

As a matter of interest are you using nav data 0308 for both FSBuild and 737NG?David Pedder