Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

Suggestion for the PMDG team..

The 737 is a great model. Good work guys. My suggestion is related to the panel view options (2D, VC and VC + cabin).Your VC IS beautiful. It is also a frame rate killer. I would be cruising along at 20 FPS (my preset value) and switch to VC view. Down I go to 10-11 FPS even when looking at the wings from a viewpoint outside the cabin. This is using a P4 2.53 and an ATI 9700 Pro.My personal preference for aircraft is all-round 2D views AND straight wing views with the addition of a few view points in the panel.cfg file.So I used your panel with the FFX 737-300. I got a regular all-round 2D cockpit (with all your bitmaps) and 6 dynamic wing views. But best of all, when I switch from cockpit view to any wing view I get NO frame rate drop.Of course, your model is more complex that the FFX one. But if you were to provide these options I would fly your models (not only the panel) much more:1. 2D panel with wing views.(Essentially only wings visible in VC mode)2. VC3. VC+cabinJust my two cents. I am sure you guys have researched the market much better and know what other simmers preffer. Please folks, do not ask me how I did this. If you like the idea this is the place to say so and maybe PMDG will do something about it. I will not answer any how-to mails.Cheerio

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!