Sign in to follow this  

Problem After SU1-1 MINI

Hi all.Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with night lighting after the new patch. This was already a bit of a problem before but at least I could still see the panel. Now patrs of the panel vanish when I try to turn the night light on.And one more thing.Crusing at FL350. I want to step climb to FL370. Set MCP to 37000ft and then on the FMC cruise page enter FL370 as new FL. As soon as that was done aircraft starts climbing since LNAV VNAV modes are engaged. While climbing (passing 35600) I change MCP altitude to 41000ft. Don't ask why, I was experimenting.What should happen?RegardsJohn Ka

First question, you must be talking about the Virtual cockpit? Cycle the lights (L) What should happen? It should level off at FL370. Now, if the MCP ALT was set LOWER then the aircraft would stop at the MCP ALT...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [/4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3]Moving forward one step at a time AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Thanks Randy,Not Virtual panel. 2-D panel. Shift-2 and Shift-7 open. That's not a huge problem at the moment. I'll try again tonight.It should level off at 370. That is what I thought it should do too. But it didn't. I got no aural warning prior to FL370 and when passing it, it looked like it was still going to continue a 500ft/min climb to FL410. Changed MCP to 37000 and it complied. Have a go for me and see if it will happen for you too. I'll try again tonight as well. Otherwise VNAV works quite well for me. No steep descents no overspeeds and no missing calculations.See yaJohn Ka

Guest ba747heavy

John,Are you using the MZALFOLTRI buttons to switch panels? if not, you may experience lighting problems.