Sign in to follow this  

FMC posistion problems

Hi guys,I am currently trying my B737NG in FS9 but have a problem with the FMC which I didn't have in FS2002. The problem is that de all of the positions in FS9 are incorrect. All the positions are at least 10 nm away from what I see through the windows... Now, I probably do something wrong here, since I haven't read anyone of you having this problem, but I can't see what it is.Can you please help me out here?Regards,Remco

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Metric defaults? Comma instead of Decimal delimiter?Just some thoughts ... did you have the problem with the radios being unable to set the .xx portion?Ray

I checked that out, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I also didn't have the problem with the radios as far as I can see right now.Remco

RemcoAre you sure you have the PPOS coordinates correct? Check the lower value on the POS INIT page on the CDU and see if that corresponds to what FS reports (SHIFT+Z).Hope it helps,

The thing is that there is actually no SET IRS POS line in CDU anymore in FS9. It used to be there in FS2002. Another strange thing is that my LAST POS line gives no indication at all when starting up the system. Only by pressing the L1 key selecter a position is being displayed (not even R1!). The last known position indication is displayed correctly as well as all of the position of the IRS, GPS and FMC. And even then all of the positions displayed on the navigation display are incorrect...It keeps bugging me that I can not find the problem here because it is a great plane to fly.Any suggestions???Remco

Guest Ian_Riddell

These problems have been mentioned on many occasions, Remco. I don't know if both of them have been implemented in the PMDG website FAQ's yet?The upgrade removed the ability to enter the IRS position. There is nothing you can do to fix this. Please use the search function to find messages relating to this ;-)If you have Windows XP, you will have to go START/Settings/Control Panel/Regional&LanguageSettings/Regional Options. Then select some kind of English to change some of your commas(,) into full stops(.).PMDG needs to see, for example, 123.45, not 123,45.Hope this helps.Cheers.Ian.

Thanks, does work now. I couldn't find the solution in the FAQ. I also didn't expect this solution because I didn't have this problem in FS2002.Regards,Remco