Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeMuth-Olsen

I tried, but could not find answers...Help!

I could not find the answers in the forum, could some of you help? The PDMG 737NG is impressive! At first, I was hesitant but I'm finding that I like it more and more everyday as I learn more about the product. Though, I have a few questions that I couldn't find on the forum. 1. I could not find the PMDG 737NG landing speeds in the PMDG Manual. Where can I find documentation on this subject besides the FMC telling me?2. Load Manager: How do I determine the Gross Weight(GW)after configuring my aircraft with fuel and passengers? I see that the Load Manager shows the ZFW after adding the passenger and cargo load, but do I assume that the fuel load would be automatically optimized by the load manager based on the ZFW? Also, If GW cannot be determined; I assume the ZFW information is entered into the FMC...?3. When spooling up the engines on startup, I noticed the spool-up sound effect repeating itself after reaching approx. 20.0% N1, can this be resolved? What is the N1 oercentage to ignite the engines?4. Is 15 deg flaps on final approach (normal landing) standard in the real 737NG?5. I use the Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals. On approach, I experience very little rudder authority in the air until my nose wheel touches down. My flightsim rudder sensitivity is set to full and the null zone is set to the minimum and the aircraft yaw damper is off. Just curious, how should the real 737NG respond if the pilot goes full left or right rudder on approach, wouldn't that be drastically noticeable? Maybe a real 737 pilot could answer that question?6. Can the spoiler be set in increments? If so, what is the key command?7. What is the standard takeoff flap setting for the 737NG? I use 5 deg flaps, is that correct?8. Upon starting Flightsim 2002, my default flight (PDMG 737-700) pops up on the monitor in a cold start configuration, when I click the "F" FMC option, the FMC pops up behind the MFD cockpit panel. I have to undock the FMC to use it. What am I doing wrong?9. If I want to transfer fuel from the left tank to the right, how do I do this? What are the fuel pump settings?10. The landing light seems to be too bright when taxing or on the runway. It gives a white out look instead of brightening the taxiway or runway, any suggestions? Note: I noticed that using the taxi lights in auto mode helps with the lighting intensity but can the landing light intensity be changed?Regards,Chad C. DeMuth-OlsenPilot

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Chad, here comes some answers.1. Don

Thanks for the input, when you have a sophisticated aircraft such as the PMDG 737NG, it just takes alot of learning, heck pilots go to schools for these things...hehehehehehe...Alot to learn. :-)Regards,Chad C. DeMuth-OlsenPilot