Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimbo777

What Happened to my Navdata?

I installed mini SU 1.1, and the Navdata, put in a little course and flew it, life was good! I had intersections, SIDS, STARS, all that jive!! However, whenI tried to do it a second time after closinfg FS9 and rebooting my machine and every time I put in the same oute from the same airport, I get a "not in database" message in the FMC CDU. I tried re-installing the SU and Navdata, no joy! Anyone have any thoughts?P.S. Randy Smith: Thanks for answering my question. I drug myself into the house after a week-long trip and accidently delted ypu reply, couldn't get it back. Please resend and again, thanks for your help.Jim BolandJimbo777JMSBLNDJAMES@AOL.Com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

However, whenI tried to do it a second time Jim, what did you try a second time? Installing or just loading up another flight?[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Closed flight sim, then restarted it a day later.Jim BolandJimbo777JMSBLNDJAMES@AOL.Com

Yesterday I had same problems.I flew from EHAM to EFHK. No problems at all, very nice flight :(After shutting down the hole system (not FS2004) I prepared for the return flight. I erased the old data, filled in new destination and origin. Most data was erased. After take off I couldn't acces the cruise page and the descent page. Inbound EHAM I had big problems: I couldn't insert waypoints in de LEGS-page anymore. I got an error message (Not in database i thought). I am sure I entered correct waypoint (SPL, PAM, CH). I couldn't change the destinantion airport also.Later on it worked again. Strange, isn't it.

Dudes!:Thanks for the advice. I am able to see all the intersections & airports on the ND but when I use one of those intersections as a waypoint in a route (making sure that the spelling is correct), I get the "not in database" message. I assume that if the file structure was incorrect, I would not have been able to see the intersections on the ND. I have also not changed the location of either FS9 or 737 NG since i installed them. Here is the path:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FMCWPNAVDATAThe files are airports, a Dat file, FMC ident,NAVAid, NavFix, NavRte and NavApt which are all text filesFor the SIDSSTARS, C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGWould it be helpful if I just re-installed the plane and all the Navdata?JimJMSBLNDJAMES@AOL.Com