Sign in to follow this  
Guest dirk1000

Exit the holding path

Guest dirk1000

Hi, PMDG flyersI am a two weeks old PMDG737NG learner. Now i

Guest Ray CYYZ

There are a couple of bugs in the hold function. PMDG is aware of them already. See if you can find the other ones as a challenge ;)Ray

Guest dirk1000

Hi, RayThanks for your fast response.I just did another flight SANT/SASA with a Track course of 355 degrees, in the middle of the route is PONPI (waypoint) where I did a new holding path. This time all went right. Back to my previous flight plan SAAR/SABE an the same bug.I will try over diferent courses (routes) to find in what range fails.Thanks for help...RegardsDirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Guest dirk1000

Hi, RayFollowing my lessons on "holding paths" whit FMC I found this:a) Airplane do not reduce to "BEST SPEED 240" as indicated in the "ACT RTE HOLD" CDU page. It maintain the cruise speed (290 KT).:( The holding path is non aligned with the route (drifts +- 4 degree sideways).c) For routes heading from 270 to 300 exit of the path is good.This is what I observed.Wellcome to any comments...ThanksDirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Guest Ray CYYZ

Keep digging ;)Ray

I am aware of the missing features for HOLDS. You missed one, you should be able to DIR TO which should clear your route and turn towards the new waypoint the MOMENT you chenge the active waypoint...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest Musashi

I cannot find the DIR button anywhere in FMC.May be too stupid to ask but where the heaven is it and how can we direct the plane to a next waypoint.The other day I was trying LEBL (Barcelona) takeoff and may be ecause of an error in the SID database, the first point in the SID was about 3700 nm away, so I cannot delete it I cannot ignore that fix and turn back to the second way point.How can I overcone thisCheersMusashi

Guest cboyes

MusashiI think the procedure is to go to the LEGS page, click on the LSK next to the waypoint you want to go to, this will copy the waypoint to the scratchpad, then click on LSK 1L. This will overwrite the current waypoint with the new waypoint and the aircraft should turn towards the new waypoint. I think this will also introduce a route discontinuity which you will have to delete.

It will NOT create a route discontinuity if he chooses a waypoint FROM the route. It will create one if he ADDS (New waypoint) or TAKES AWAY (Deletes any waypoint)from the route. Look at this thread a few days back http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...17684&mode=full[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/winglets_lg.jpg [h3] AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h3]

Guest cboyes

Aaah, okay, got that now. Thanks for that.

Guest dirk1000

Hi Randy, hi Craig.I understand "DIR TO" is a work around to the non good holding path exits. "DIR TO" works fine (no route discontinuity) and go directly to the nex waypoint (avoiding the extra 180 turn).>Airplane do not reduce to "BEST SPEED 240" as indicated in the "ACT RTE HOLD" CDU page. It maintain the cruise speed (290 KT).

Guest Ray CYYZ

If you want to hold at the best speed, you need to enter it. It is not automatically assumed that you want to hold at that speed.Enter it on the SPD/TGT ALT line (RSK1) and you'll find yourself flying that speed at that altitude.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/35082.jpgRay

Guest dirk1000

Hi, RayThanks for your good help.Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)