Sign in to follow this  

Geforce 2 thro 4 cards and AMD CPU's

Those of you who use this sort of combination. ..Do you experience lock ups? or any sort of video problems due to the combination?ThanksJosh

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

See my signature :) Running 100% stable @ the moment, 3dmark2k, 3dmark2k1SE, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Jedi Knight II, and FS2k2 all run fine with my current setup.Max Cowgill

>Those of you who use this sort of combination. .. >>Do you experience lock ups? or any sort of video problems >due to the combination? >>Thanks >>Joshas an owner I have never have had a Lockup do to the combination of TnT/GF2/GF3TI and AMD K6/T-brd/XPAs an occasional builder of Gaming rigs that have included the GF4TI and AMD XP I would say the same.At the most I have had artifacts as a result of to agresive an O/C on a few Nv cards but it never resulted in a Lock-up.The Lock-ups that I have had to deal with where as a result of running memory at to agresive a timing setting or to fast of a FSB as well as O/C CPU's that needed more voltage or better cooling.Have also had Fs2k2 lockup as a result of to small of a MAX swapfile setting even with a 512mb stick of ram (perm swap file).

Nope Gefore2/3 Abit/Asus Mobo Win98/2000/XP/Server :-) awfEHAM

No lock ups here..MarkAthlon XP 1500+512 PC2100 DDRGeForce 2 MX400