Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Another second monitor question

Guest Lobaeux4

Searched through the archives, but couldn't find an answer. I've got three monitors I want to hook up to my computer. I'd like the normal view, an overhead panel view and a pedestal/fmc view. I hooked up one monitor to a Banshee 3Dfx card, it's working great, but with one problem. When I go to full screen view in FS2K2 (with no title bar or start menu), I can't move my mouse over to the other monitor. I can see the pedestal and fmc in undocked windows, just can't get to them. Is this a limitation of FS2K2 or is there a way around it? With the wife gone on holiday, I'd really like to reorganise my desk with these monitors.LobaeuxAMD 1800ECS K7VTA3 mobo512 DDR RAMGeForce 3 Ti 20040 GB 7,200 HD19" monitor, 15" monitor on a Banshee vid cardWin XP PROPSS AirbusPSS 747/777PIC 767

HiMake sure you are in 2d cockpit view before you go to full screen view. There are some quirks in the program that sometimes prevents you from accessing the other monitors.Ed

Guest Lobaeux4

When I start up FS2K2, I should be in 2D window view? then place my overhead and FMC over to the second monitor, then to full screen view? I'm in full screen view right now, can't go to the second monitor, but I can when I click off of full screen.Still trying to figure it out, thanks.Lobaeux

Ok, here is what you do. Stay in full screen view and close the program. Start up FS2K2 and you will open in full screen view. Move the windows to where you want them and when you are finished with the program, make sure you are still in full screen view and close. If you want to use your settings over again just start the program with "select a flight-previous flight".EdPS, It seems if you switch between full screen and window modes, that is when you loose the ability to switch between monitors.

In full screen mode if you move the cursor to the edge of the screen and left click once you should then be able to move freely between the two monitors.David

Guest Lobaeux4

Okay, got it to work, the left clicking was the trick. Now I've got my 19" monitor on the left, and the 15" monitor on the right displaying FMC and pedestal. However, the 19" flickers, it's driving my eyes crazy. I've tried all the different refresh rates and nothing works. I'm thinking that because the two monitors are close to each other, it's causing interference and the slight flickering. How far away from each other should they be? Anyone else have this problem?LobaeuxAgain, thanks for your guy's help.

Try setting the same vertical scan rate on both monitors. I'm using a GForce3 and a TNT2 which makes this easy. With your setup it may be more difficult. Also make sure you have no flourescent or other non-incandescent light sources in the area.David

Besides moving to the edge and left clicking, another trick is this.When certain key combinations won't work (and this will happen), move the cursor back to screen one and left click.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card