Sign in to follow this  
OHN

Tutorial flight for 737

HiIm going to buy your 737 when the servers are back up, i would like to know if there is a tutorial flight included to learn the FMC and other systems.O.H.Nielsen

Guest ba747heavy

Search the avsim forums for 'Fred Clausen', or 'Tim Metzinger' and you will find tutorials on how to fly the NG. Tim's tutorial is better than mine, so I recommend downloading his and using that one ;)

Guest rcarlson123

And I believe Tim will be releasing a revised version of his tutorial which includes some of the new FMC functionality, but I'm not sure. May want to watch out for that.I used Tim's tutorial to learn the FMC as well, and it's a great introduction.

Guest tmetzinger

>And I believe Tim will be releasing a revised version of his>tutorial which includes some of the new FMC functionality, but>I'm not sure. May want to watch out for that.>>I used Tim's tutorial to learn the FMC as well, and it's a>great introduction.>I will release a new tutorial in January (assuming I can get my hands on SU2 in the next week).In the meantime, the current tutorial will work ok for some things, but the FMC procedures are a bit different. Fortunately PMDG has very good manuals with SU2, so if you read and play with them first for a few hours, you'll be able to work through my tutorial and catch all the discrepancies!There's a topic thread already for the SU2 tutorial, I'll post sitreps there.

Guest rcarlson123

I wish PMDG would provide you with a private link to download the file ... it just seems wrong that you don't have it yet. :) If PMDG gives me permission, I'll happily provide you with a password protected link to download the file from my web server.Please, don't anyone ask me to put up the file. I have no intention of going against PMDG's wishes for the proper distribution of their intellectual property. I just want to offer help getting the file to someone like Tim that has helped this community so much already.Tim, I'm surprised you weren't on the Beta team ... did you just not have the time?