Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cumulo

they're still working i guess...

despite my feelings that this could be fixed in less that 1 hour by changing to a higher banswith server its sill good to know that with all the diffrent error messages and files existing then not ect, that PMDG are obviously still working to resolve the problem.p.s theres been no official update scince lunch time, how about keeping us informed as to any progres PMDG??regards,Callum Richardson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>despite my feelings that this could be fixed in less that 1>hour by changing to a higher banswith serverMore baseless supposition - give it a rest dude. Don't you think PMDG would have solved the problem by now if it was as simple as temporariliy upgrading their server's bandwidth? This is a configuration problem, not bandwidth - the people who have managed to download it are getting speeds in excess of 100k/sec and during the beta I usually saw upwards of 300k/sec from the server - pretty much maxing out my connection. ANY server can be crippled by a huge amount of traffic like this - remember when CNN, Yahoo and all those big sites got taken down by Distributed Denial of Service attacks a few years ago? This is the same thing - has nothing to do with bandwidth - the server software just gets bogged down by too many incoming requests on the HTTP port and the machine crashes - you can have all the bandwidth in the world and this will still happen if you get enough simultaneous hits on the site.Ryan