Sign in to follow this  

Disgusted with the "other" site

Well, I too find it very hard to "get in" on my 56k. But just because you have a DSL, Cable, or even T1, you are not guaranteed speed. FOr example if you use the usenet and have AT&T ISP, then you will pass through 13 to 14 servers. You are only guranteed the speeds that each server on your route offers.Pete

Everyone, I am going to have the final word in this thread and say that it is as Darrell has said a "dead horse".We at AVSIM are not a competitor site to Flightsim.com nor are they a competitor to us. Both AVSIM and Flightsim are sites that are trying as hard as they can to serve the flightsim community. We have different approaches to what we do is all. Most simmers have used and do use both sites and will continue to do so. I encourage those that are not happy with respect to some part of the way we run this site to let us know. And let the staff at Flightsim know when you are not happy there. I know all the staff here and most of the staff at Flightsim.com and everyone is trying there best to do what they think is correct.Please address your concerns to the appropiate party and let all focus on the positive and not the megative. As far as I am concerned this subject is dead and will not be allowed to start back up in this forum.http://www.avsim.com/pages/robert/kirkland.jpg