Sign in to follow this  
Guest GrantM

Download and Installation problem

I was finally able to download v 1.2 tonight. However, a strange thing happened during downloading. I received the entire file in 7 stages of 9.58Mb, having to resume the download for each of these portions until I got the complete file. After each 9.58Mb segment downloaded and before I clicked resume, I got a Download Accelerator error which said "File download of [PMDG_737_THE_NEXT_GENERATION.ZIP] was not completed successfully. Server has internal error." I used the removal tool for my v 1.1 then proceeded to run the exe file to install. All went well until I go to the actual intall window that said "Installing", however, the process hung, indicating under "Current File" that it was skipping "C:/WINNTFontsArialn.ttf" and under "All Files" the progress bar just stalled at one blue increment and the installing hung and the installation did not occur. Any solution? Do I have a corrupt downloaded zip? Should I download again? Thank you for your assistance. GrantM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dear Grant-if you unzipped the .ZIP file to produce the .EXE, then your download is fine - not corrupt.As for the hung installation - other users have reported this too - they say it's related to running other applications at the same time on their machine, which blocked the installer.Try running the installer after having shut down all other apps - this seems to have helped everyone else...Cheers,