Sign in to follow this  
Guest jayson2830

SU2 great in fs2002/ Not good in FS9

The upgrade works fine for me in fs2002 but in Fs2004 it is very Stuttery. I have Windows XP,Geforce TI4200 128mb graphics,Amd athlon1800+ and 1gb ram. I have both sims set up the same in the options display section.I had no problems until I installed the upgrade.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Rich,FS2004 is more demanding on your computer than FS2002. You can try turning off things like FSAA and Ansistropic Filtering in FS2004, this will help the frames quite a lot.Other than that, there isn't a whole lot you can do aside from turning down the sliders a bit and running at a lower resolution.

Hi John,I'm also looking to improve my FPS especially with high 3D cloud presence like during an overcast or broken layer.I was wondering what was FSAA and Ansistropic Filtering, if turned off does the image quality goes down? And how to ruen them off?Thank youNick

Nick,First thing you should do is download new clouds from here: http://www.simflight.com/fsw/ Under FS2004 section. There are two sets and a fix. They help a lot in boosting performance. Another tweak is to go into the Autogen folder, rename the default.xml to default.bakFSAA and Ansio help smooth out the edges of a 3D model so they appear nice and smooth.Turning them off stops the Anti Aliasing of the edges, so they appeared 'jagged'Right click on your desktop, select properties, settings, advanced. The tabs for setting FSAA and Ansio are there.

I tried all those things you mentioned still no improvement.