Sign in to follow this  
Guest cyberair2269

PMDG sounds whilst loading the sim

Guest cyberair2269

Hi all, I have just installed v1.2 into fs2002 and followed the correct installation instructions. For some reason when I select the PMDG from the list of planes on loading its making warning noises and engine noises as soon as the sim starts to load up the plane,scenery and airports etc. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem at all. I then proceded to uninstall the plane with the removal tool from the PMDG site and re-installed but its doing the same thing. Its not that important I know but its not perfect. Its working fine otherwise a great job. In 2004 it works fine to.Best RegardsDave B.

I'll bet that the warning sound your are hearing is the thrust warning horn (may not have the name exactly correct). This is occurring because on some joysticks (mine is a MS Sidewinder) FS2K2 is initializing the throttle lever on the joystick at full deflection. The warning sounds when the pilot tries to increase thrust beyond a safe limit while on the ground taxing. The warning horn is a new feature of SU2.I tried all kinds of changes and adjustments, but I was unable to find a fix during testing. Once the sim has initialized and the joystick's throttle lever is cycled, everything is fine. Agreed that it is a little annoying during startup, but really not a big deal. We looked at this during testing and it is definitely a FS2K2/Joystick hardware or driver issue. Maybe someone else has a suggestion?Thx

Guest ba747heavy

That just sounds like FS2k2 being dumb; I have a USB joystick with no throttle noise at all in the throttle axis, and it *always* initialized with full throttle in 2k2. In FS2k4 it doesn't initalize with full throttle, so I think that means the problem lies with FS2k2, not with the plane ;)

Guest cyberair2269

Hi Both, Yes think you are right about an fs2002 fault rather than the plane. Its only a small problem anyway the plane makes up for it by1000%.RegardsDaveB.