Sign in to follow this  
Guest garyarnold

PMDG 737 QUESTIONS AND/OR PROBLEMS UPDATE

I continue to enjoy flying the PMDG 737. During my flying experiences, I have come up with a couple of questions or items of possible concern.1) When decreasing flaps from 5 degrees to to 2 degrees, flaps decrease from 5 degrees to 1 degree only.2) With the CDU fully programmed and you turn on the FD, should you not get the crosshairs appearing even while on the ground. I can only seem to get them to appear after the LNAV and VNAV modes have been selected.3) I notice on the ACT PERF LIMITS page, just below the page title, the following message is present which I would like to know what it means: "Time Error Tolerance" "30 sec at RTA wpt)"Regards,Gary ArnoldCYYC

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>1) When decreasing flaps from 5 degrees to to 2 degrees, flaps>decrease from 5 degrees to 1 degree only.Not sure if the behavior is right in the plane, but I do know in the real jet you skip flasp 2 and go to 1, or from 1 to 5. Flaps 2 is just kinda there ;)>2) With the CDU fully programmed and you turn on the FD,>should you not get the crosshairs appearing even while on the>ground. I can only seem to get them to appear after the LNAV>and VNAV modes have been selected.Correct behavior. The crosshairs will only appear if there is an acgive roll mode, or pitch mode. If there is only a pitch mode selected, only the pitch part of the crosshairs should appear. Same goes for the Roll. I just verified this with the documentation I have.I don't know if the sim plane models this correctly, but I assume it does ;)>3) I notice on the ACT PERF LIMITS page, just below the page>title, the following message is present which I would like to>know what it means:> "Time Error Tolerance"> "30 sec at RTA wpt)"I don't know, sorry :(

"1) When decreasing flaps from 5 degrees to to 2 degrees, flaps decrease from 5 degrees to 1 degree only." 737 pilots do not use flaps 2, so on a FLAPS 5 takeoff they will go FLAPS 5 TO 1. The PFD will display FLAPS BUGS diffent than you think they should appear, I will leave that for you to find out, but it IS the correct real world way ;) "2) With the CDU fully programmed and you turn on the FD, should you not get the crosshairs appearing even while on the ground. I can only seem to get them to appear after the LNAV and VNAV modes have been selected." F/D BARS will move to a 15 degree SET attitude at 60 KNOTS, this is not a rotation command. After established in your climb the F/D will command V2+20.. Go to the PMDG/STYLES MENU and SELECT SINGLE CUE under F/D "3) I notice on the ACT PERF LIMITS page, just below the page title, the following message is present which I would like to know what it means:"Time Error Tolerance""30 sec at RTA wpt)"" TIME ERROR TOLERANCE* Used during RTA calculations to establish a boudary on computed speeds.* 15 seconds is the default value (LSK 1L)* Allowable entry range at 1L is from 6 to 30 sec. The RTA function attempts to arrive at the RTA wpt within a TIME ERROR TOLERANCE of 15 seconds unless another value is entered...............................................Bulfer FMC GUIDE Pg. 69[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg