Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simgreen84

Im soooo frustrated!

Guest Simgreen84

I've just been following the tutorial, on how to operate the 737 and the FMC went all haywire and the aircraft start turning around in midair... what did i do wrong??? I'll never get the hand of this thing! i just wish there was a simpler explanation on how to run it? Is there any way i could fly a route without having to go through all this stress

Like any complex aircraft that tries to model the real thing I'm afraid the only way is to read the manuals, try Tim's tutorial, and practice.Take it in stages, and if flying, use the pause button when you get stuck.Just think of the sense of achivement you will have once you have mastered this aircraft.If, after you have read the manuals and done some practicing, you still have particular issues then by all means post here with specific issues. What you have posted is, IMHO, far to general for anyone to offer you useful advice.If the a/c is turning round in the sky when it should be flying a route, post the route, state where it starts turning round, what a/p modes were active and what buttons/knobs you pressed just before it started turning round.Rgds

Guest rvdlaak

I agree with Vulcan. I had the same problem when starting out with the DF737 aircraft at the time - but you can be sure things will come around the more you practice. The main difference is that this plane will not respond to you in the basic way the default planes do in FS, and when you get used to them the frustration will turn to pure joy. At this point do make a point of flying a default plane. I am willing to be you will never want to fly a default one again :-)do use the tutorials to fly the short routes that way you are spending time on (EGKK to EGLL even then maybe an EGLL to EHAM would be a good tester) ... also - fly the same route until you have mastered it well, then move on to others - repetition helps in remembering what to do - I flew the EGKK - EHAM route over 50 times before I totally got used to the FMC and what it can do :-)its worth the "stress" ....People will be happy to answer most questions and when online - you will get immediate responses from people which is even better :-) http://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif